As promised I am bringing you my goals and resolutions for the new year! But first, a reflection on 2017….
I don’t think I’ve ever cried as much as I did in 2017. I felt like God was stripping me of everything that I was comfortable with. Every crutch was snatched away with no warning and I fell flat on my face over and over. During the year I honestly couldn’t understand why I had to be so alone, but looking back I now realize that God was removing distractions so that I could focus and depend solely on Him. There were people and things that I was putting before Him and He had to let me know that it wasn’t going to slide any longer.
I can say that 2017 wasn’t all bad though. 2017 was the year that God began to reveal to me my purpose and the way that He was going to use me to grow His kingdom. God started to mold me and shape me into the person He’s called me to be. Even though I had to let go of some things that I thought I couldn’t live without, I gained so much more in Christ.What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ - Philippians 3:8 Click To Tweet
Goals & Resolutions
It’s a new day, a new season, a new year and I’m coming for EVERYthing that God has promised me! Listed below are my goals and resolutions for 2018
- Read at least 24 books (check out my 2018 reading list)
- Work out at least once a week
- Initiate more conversations and be open to developing new relationships
- Be consistent with studying the word of God (I’m restarting the 30/30 challenge. You should join me!)
- Stick to following a budget and being more wise with my financial decisions
- Grow my email list
- Post 3x a week
- Reach 5,000 page views
- Create two more ebooks
So those are a few of my goals and resolutions for 2018.
On the Blog 2018
I wanted to briefly tell you guys what you can expect from me and the blog this year.
- I’m hoping to post 3x a week and continue to send out a newsletter every Sunday at 6pm to the people subscribed to my email list
- I will continue the series that I started about accomplishing our goals in 2018. If you haven’t already read part one, I recommend that you do so.
- I will post a Spirit Booster every Sunday. This will be a post containing some type of encouraging message, scripture, quote, or video.
- I will post a book review every other Friday from the books on my 2018 reading list.
- I will be starting a series on abstinence/celibacy and you can expect those posts once a month.
- I will be starting a series on surviving college as a Christian and will post that once a month.
If you have any suggestions or any topics that you would like me to cover, feel free to comment them down below!
One More Thing
Have you grabbed your free devotional eBook yet? I initially started writing it as a way for me to further understand the Bible but God revealed to me that there were other people who needed to read them too. So it’s finally time for me to share it with you! Click the picture below to find out how to grab yours.
Happy new year once again! I can’t wait to see what all we accomplish together this year.