I’m coming out of my comfort zone
Some of the places in my life that’s comfortable
God is challenging me to trust and believe
For to go where I’ve not gone
I must do what I’ve not done
God is calling me
To walk into my destiny
God is challenging me
To go where I’ve not been
God is proving me
And for the rest of my life I’ll say YES!
I’m coming out into my destiny
I’m Coming Out of My Comfort Zone
The song Comfort Zone by Marvin Sapp has been on repeat all day today. Earlier this year I decided that I wanted my life to be full of purpose. I didn’t want to go through the motions anymore or do things just because. I wanted to live and move, and simply be in my purpose. Choosing to live in my purpose meant that I also had to start stepping out of my comfort zone. I don’t know if I was ready for that part of it, but I didn’t hesitate to dive in head first.
The Year of “Yes”
At the beginning of this year I was asked to speak at a conference and I said yes. Truth be told, I didn’t want to. I was scared. Every time I think of speaking in front of more than two people I feel like I’m going to pass out. The worst part of college for me has been giving presentations. However, I made the decision to live in my purpose and God was moving me to the next step. The one thing that pushed me to say yes was God telling me that I wasn’t going to be up there by myself. I wasn’t doing it on my own strength, but on His. Yes, they would be looking at me but I was simply a vessel.
Stepping out of your comfort zone can be one of the scariest things in the world. I mean, it’s just uncomfortable. The thing is, you can’t walk in your purpose in your comfort zone. There’s no room to grow, no room to expand. Although it feels safe and secure, it can really be debilitating. If you are ready to come out of your comfort zone but feeling a little resistance, here are 20 quotes to help you step out of your comfort zone.
20 Motivational Quotes to Help You Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety. – Abraham Maslow
- The quickest way to acquire self-confidence is to do exactly what you are afraid to do. – Anon
- Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to help you grow. – Caroline Myss
- A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there. – Anon
- The lust for comfort murders the passions of the soul. – Kahlil Graham
- A ship is always safe at shore but that is not what it’s built for. – Albert Einstein
- Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities, you can’t begin to explore your possibilities. – Tim Fargo
- You don’t fear change. You fear the unknown. If you knew the future would be great, you’d welcome the change to get there. Well the future IS great. Proceed. – Joe Vitale
- Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life. – Robin Sharma
- Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone. – Anon
- But God doesn’t call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if he doesn’t come through. – Francis Chan
- The shell must break before the bird can fly. – Alfred Tennyson
- Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction. – Harry Truman
- Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong. – Mandy Hale
- We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are. – Max DePree
- Don’t mistake your comfort zone for your happy place. – Anon
- Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start getting excited about what could go right. – Tony Robbins
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for the great. – Steve Prefontaine
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. You won’t find glory at the center of safety, but at its edge. You won’t find love at a place where you are covered, but in the space where you are exposed. You gotta take some risks. You have to not only pick up the dice, but roll em. So go ahead, take the gamble. You have nothing to lose except the chance to win. Life is not long enough to spend it on the sidelines. – Neale Donald Walsch
- The sooner you step away from your comfort zone; the sooner you’ll realize that it really wasn’t all that comfortable. – Eddie Harris Jr.
Come Hang Out With Me!
If you are near or around the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo, MI area then come out to the Faith & Love Conference at Love in Action Community Ministries on February 10th from 10 am to 2 pm! It meets the three F’s – it’s free, it will be fun, and there will be food. Hope to see you there!